You are here

501.06 Student Transfers Out or Withdrawals


If a student wishes to withdraw or transfer from the District prior to completing and graduating from the educational program, the student or parent shall notify the administration as soon as possible.  Arrangements shall be made for the return of school materials and payment of all fees.  The notice shall state the student's final day of attendance.

Student records will be sent to the new district or school upon receipt of a request signed by the student's parent or guardian if the student is under eighteen years of age, or upon receipt of a request by the student if the student is eighteen years of age or older, or upon receipt of a request from the new district or school.


Date of Last Review:  October 14, 2019

Date of Revision:

October 14, 2019 




Legal References:

22.7, 279.8, 279.9A, 280.14, 280.19A, Code of  

Iowa; 281 I.A.C. Chapters 12, 33, 41; General Education Provisions Act, 20 U.S.C. 1232g; 34 C.F.R. Part 99