Code No. 101
EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY OF THE SCHOOL DISTRICT
At Decorah Community School District we embrace student learning and well-being as our fundamental purpose; we will, in partnership with our students, families, and community, make the world a better place.
The mission of the Decorah Community School District is:
Learning - Thriving - Creating Our Legacy
The vision of the Decorah Community School District is:
Decorah Community School District will be a collaborative, innovative, learning-centered organization empowering students to embrace their personal strengths and create their future.
Decorah Community School District is guided by the following core values:
- Collaboration and Community
- We believe collaboration and community partnerships promote innovation and shared responsibility.
- Curiosity and Creativity
- We believe curiosity and creativity lead to meaningful learning.
- Engagement and Excellence
- We believe engagement and excellence foster personal ownership, and pride and joy in work and learning.
- Equity and Well-being
- We believe equity and well-being ensure a safe learning environment, a sense of belonging, and student success.
- Integrity and Humility
- We believe integrity and humility create respectful, trusting relationships.
- Stewardship and Sustainability
- We believe stewardship and sustainability promote efficient and effective operations now and in the future.
Our mission and vision will be fulfilled through the achievement of the following Student Learning Goals.
Decorah Community School District graduates will be:
· Knowledgeable Individuals,
· Effective Communicators,
· Competent Thinkers and Information Processors,
· Skillful Problem Solvers,
· Collaborative Workers,
· Resourceful Learners, and
· Responsible Citizens.
Date of Review: June 8, 2020
Date of Revision: Legal References:
June 8, 2020 278.1, 279.8, 282.1, Code of Iowa; 281 I.A.C. 12.2, 12.8
DECORAH COMMUNITY SCHOOL BOARD OF DIRECTORS